Tuesday 7 February 2017

Making me whole

"God did not tell us to follow him because he needed our help;
but because he knew that Loving him would make us whole." - Irenaeus

I had the privilege of teaching my new students on some of the early church Apologists, including Justin Martyr, Tertullian and Irenaeus. I like the above quote from Irenaeus because it reminds me that God is perfect in every way, yet God allows us to be part of His life. God also wants the best for me and so when I love God, this act of love makes me more complete.

1 John 4:10 - This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: