Tuesday 26 January 2016

To Make a Difference - Swimming for the Rhino

I know that I can't save every Rhino that is poached in South Africa, but I want to try and at least do something. So, I am going to swim as part of the 8 Mile club again this year at the Midmar Mile. We will swim in every event and raise some awareness and funds towards these precious animals.

Stats tell us that in 2014, a Rhino was killed every 8 hours in our Country - that is 3 every day. If you have a look at the picture that is attached to this blog you will note that Poaching has increased over 9300% over recent years - that is just horrendous. My motivation in swimming the 8 miles is to make a difference to God's creation and hopefully rescue a few Rhino so that my grandkids will be able to see them "live" in their natural environment.

Please pray for me as I continue my training and over the weekend of the 13/14 February. If your company/business wants to get involved please send me an email, or you are welcome to contribute in your own capacity.

"Everyone can do simple things to make a difference, and every little bit really does count." -Stella McCartney

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: