Monday 17 September 2018

Power and weakness...


"Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many." - Eric Hoffer

You may need to read the quote again to fully grasp the value in the words.
It is interesting for me that I often believe that the world is full of "corrupt" people and there are too "few" good people out there. However, maybe Eric Hoffer is on to something - maybe we get to hear more about the corrupt leaders, because we like to see them fall and humbled. The rest of us feel like victims of these powerful people, yet there could be many 'weaknesses' in us that are equally crippling to others.

So, the challenging question I pose to myself is this:
"Is there a weakness in me that causes harm to others?"

Isaiah 53:4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: