Thursday 2 August 2018

Naive?

Maybe it is a little naive in today's day and age, but there is something in this Rudyard Kipling quote that makes sense to me.

"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." - Rudyard Kipling

How often have we believed a slice of "news" (that hasn't been true) and it has made us judge someone without knowing all the facts? This kind of thing can ruin relationships and even churches. It takes a "bigger" person to rather believe the best in someone until it can be proved otherwise.

Proverbs 16:28 - A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends.

Living in Grace
D3LM3
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/rudyard_kipling

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Pastor Scott. I am a also a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a Pastor and about your interest as a traveller. I am blessed by your quote from Proverbs 16:28 and from Rudyard Kipling. It is so true and I have experienced it in my life. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I will be so happy to get connected with you through your email id. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede. Looking forward to be in touch with you through your email id. Pastor Diwakar