Monday 7 May 2018

The question of Identity

We get so many people coming to the church for help nowadays and it is always tricky to discern which are the genuine cases and which are not. What we have been finding is that many of the 'homeless' people ask for money so they can get a new ID book. It seems to be the standard line to try and get some money from the local churches and of course we can't always help these people for a variety of reasons.

However, out of all of this, it has made me ask some questions about our Identity, because if I lost all my documentation and had no way of proving who I was, where would I go to get this sorted out? Does my ID reveal who I truly am or is it just a passport to be accepted as a 'normal person' in society? And what about how God sees us? Surely I AM SOMEONE in the eyes of God, regardless of whether I have a piece of paper or not?

What do you think?

"Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.” - Matthew 5:48

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: