Wednesday 23 May 2018

Holding hands

Holding hands with someone is usually a sign of a close relationship. We hold hands with loved ones, spouses, children and even in church communities. But, have you ever thought about 'holding hands' with God? In this intriguing quote we read...

..."The purpose of prayer is not primarily to move the hand of God but rather to hold the hand of God." - Jon Courson.

Following on from my post yesterday, I think this is another helpful way of viewing our prayer life. If I could imagine my prayer as a space of intimacy with God, then holding the hand of God would seem more appropriate that trying to twist God's hand to my personal needs.

What do you think?

Mark 5:41 - "Holding her hand, he said to her, “Talitha koum,” which means “Little girl, get up!”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: