Monday 16 April 2018

Prayer - Give me strength

More times than we care to admit we find that praying can be a struggle for us. We can't seem to find the right words or even a good place to begin, yet in the back of our minds, we realise our need of prayer.

For this reason, I am planning to share a few prayers over the next couple of days. It is my hope that they would help you to begin your times of prayer and to inspire you to speak to our Lord.

Today's prayer comes from John Wesley - I have slightly altered his prayer to make the English a little more understandable:

"Give me your strength;
Give me your love;
and be the motive behind my understanding, 
my affections,
my senses, 
my health, 
my time,
and whatever other talents I have received from you.
Then will I be able to fulfil your command of loving you with all my heart, 
and mind, and soul and strength. Amen."

If you would like to read a scripture to go with this prayer, then perhaps turn to Colossians 3:23.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: