Wednesday 18 April 2018

A Prayer by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"God of the day and the night,
in me there is darkness,
but with you there is light.
I am alone, but you will not leave me.
I am weak, but you will come to my help.
I am restless, but you are my peace.
I am in haste, but you are the God of infinite patience.
I am confused and lost,
but you are eternal wisdom
and you direct my path;
now and forever. Amen." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

This is such an inspiring prayer that I don't want to mess it up by adding any more words to it. If you are interested in reading a scripture that could go with this prayer then read Psalm 73:23-26

Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: