Friday 2 March 2018

28 - Moonlighting with the Devil.

The term "Moonlighting" refers to someone working in a second job, usually secretly and at night - this is in addition to their normal employment. When Eugene Peterson reflects on Psalm 28 he uses this term to refer to how some people 'moonlight' for the devil. 

"Don’t turn a deaf ear when I call you, God.
If all I get from you is deafening silence,
I’d be better off in the Black Hole.

I’m letting you know what I need, calling out for help
And lifting my arms toward your inner sanctum.
Don’t shove me into the same jail cell with those crooks,
With those who are full-time employees of evil.
They talk a good line of “peace,” then moonlight for the Devil."

The tough question for us is this: "Do we live two different lives? One that seems to be good and Christian, while our behaviour at other times is not very godly at all?"



"God is all strength for his people, ample refuge for his chosen leader;
Save your people and bless your heritage.
Care for them;
carry them like a good shepherd." - Psalm 28:8-9 (MSG)

Even though there are some people who "moonlight with the devil" we should always remember who we serve. God is the best 'boss' to work for and he will always provide for our needs. 

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: