Saturday 13 January 2018

Nothing to fight for?

There is always something worth living for - to fight for! In fact, there are numerous things that people are also willing to die for! The tragedy is when we have neither. We then find ourselves floating along in a state of uncertainty and hopelessness.

Jesus had something to live for - that was to reveal the FATHER'S LOVE to all people.
And of course, Jesus had something to die for - it was to make the Father's Love available to all who would believe.

Romans 5:6-8 - "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

And so what about you and I? Do we have something to live for? Or to die for?


“When I go up there, which is my intention, the Big Judge will say to me, Where are your wounds? and if I say I haven’t any, he will say, Was there nothing to fight for? I couldn’t face that question." - Alan Paton in (Ah, But Your Land Is Beautiful)

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: