Thursday 28 December 2017

Palm of God's Hand

Carrying on from yesterday, where I used a line from a Traditional Irish Blessing, I want to use the last line of that blessing as our key focus for today.

"May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

I love the image that this line creates for us. It helps me imagine that God is so huge and strong, that he is able to lovingly hold me in his protective hand. God has the power to squash and clench his fist, but instead he uses his hand to love, care and protect us.  May this fantastic image live with you today - you can rest in the palm of God's hand.

"You’ll be a stunning crown in the palm of God’s hand, a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God. No more will anyone call you Rejected, and your country will no more be called Ruined. You’ll be called Hephzibah (My Delight), and your land Beulah (Married), Because God delights in you and your land will be like a wedding celebration." - Isaiah 62:1-5 (Message)

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: