Saturday 30 December 2017

I am Thankful

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." - Colossians 4:2

Regardless of how our year has gone, I think we would do well to follow Paul's advice of being thankful. I find it interesting that he includes THANKFULNESS in the same breath as 'prayer' and being 'watchful.'

We should keep a look out (be watchful) for the root of bitterness that can creep into our hearts. One of the ways to do this is to offer prayers of Thanksgiving to God. There is not better time to begin this than on this last day of the year - this will help us reflect on all that has taken place over the last 364 days.

I am Thankful for ...

...my family
...my friends
...my health
...my Church community
...God's creation
...second chances
....this day

What are you thankful for?
....?....

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: