Thursday 21 September 2017

Do your part


"He who governed the world before I was born shall take care of it likewise when I am dead. My part is to improve the present moment." – John Wesley

I like this sentiment from John Wesley. It reminds me of two crucial things:

 1.       God was involved in the things of this world long before I was born, and God will continue to be involved long after I have gone. I should let him do his work and stop worrying so much. 

2.       We have an important part to play in this world, even if it is only for a brief moment in time. We can love God, love others and seek to make the world a better place.

Psalm 90:1-2
Lord, you have been our dwelling place
    throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born
    or you brought forth the whole world,
    from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: