Tuesday 1 August 2017

My beloved!

Most Christians don't really know what to do with Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) in the Bible. The easiest interpretation of the book is that the poetry is a representation of God's love for us. While this is not wrong, the poetry is really rooted in the love of two people for each other. It is the 'human' love that is a shadow of the GREAT LOVE that God has for us.

With verses like this, we can see why people are drawn to the beautiful poetry of these chapters:

"You have captured my heart,
    my treasure, my bride.
You hold it hostage with one glance of your eyes,
    with a single jewel of your necklace.
10 Your love delights me,
    my treasure, my bride.
Your love is better than wine,
    your perfume more fragrant than spices.
11 Your lips are as sweet as nectar, my bride.
    Honey and milk are under your tongue.
Your clothes are scented
    like the cedars of Lebanon." - Song of Solomon 4:9-11

And then ..... Chapter 8:6-8

Love flashes like fire,
    the brightest kind of flame.
Many waters cannot quench love,
    nor can rivers drown it.
If a man tried to buy love
    with all his wealth,
    his offer would be utterly scorned.


May these words of Solomon spark off our prayers of LOVE for our Saviour. May God be blessed through our response to His grace.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: