Thursday 29 June 2017

1 Samuel - Hannah's prayer

"It so happened that as she continued in prayer before God, Eli was watching her closely. Hannah was praying in her heart, silently. Her lips moved, but no sound was heard. Eli jumped to the conclusion that she was drunk. He approached her and said, “You’re drunk! How long do you plan to keep this up? Sober up, woman!” - 1 Samuel 12-14

We should never be quick to jump to conclusions, because often we will be wrong. Poor Hannah was pouring her heart out to the Lord and Samuel thought she was drunk - that was a massive error in judgement on his behalf. To his credit he apologised and blessed her instead.

God heard her prayers for a son and then Hannah proceeded to pray a wonderful prayer of praise, thanking God for answered prayers.

“My heart rejoices in the Lord!
    The Lord has made me strong.
Now I have an answer for my enemies;
    I rejoice because you rescued me.
No one is holy like the Lord!
    There is no one besides you;
    there is no Rock like our God." - 1 Samuel 2:1-2

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: