Saturday 6 May 2017

I will not live in vain

"If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain."
- Emily Dickinson


These words inspire us to live for others. Even if we can change the life of one other person, then we have not lived in vain. Forget trying to save millions of people, start with helping the 'one.'

Matthew 25:45 -He will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3







If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-i-can-stop-one-heart-from-breaking-by-emily-dickinson

No comments: