Wednesday 1 March 2017

Recenter everything

In his wonderful book "The Jesus Creed", Scot McKnight, mentions how our encounter with Jesus can end up 'recentering everything.' It is my prayer that this season of Lent would be a moment for us all to recenter, refocus, remember, renew.

Are you doing something intentional about going deeper with Christ this Lent or are you just going through the motions? I have found that I need to prepare myself for this spiritual adventure, as the rest of life readily threatens to rob me of this encounter with Christ.

"A scribe asks Jesus about the essence of spiritual formation, and Jesus gives him an old answer with a revolutionary twist: Love God and Love others, and love God by following me. The scribe realises that he will need to recenter everything." - S. McKnight

Ephesians 4:24 - "And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: