Saturday 11 March 2017

My faulty Rep

In following on from my last post about Reputation vs Identity, I wanted to add a few things. Isn't it funny how we spend so much time and energy trying to defend, shine up or create our Reputation, and then so little time on discovering WHO WE ARE in the eyes of God.

When we stand before God one day, God is not going to ask our friends or peers to give a glowing report on our Reputation, but rather to ask "Do you know my Son?" God already knows that I have a faulty reputation, because God knows who I am in the darkest shadows on my life. It is because of my sin, that Jesus came to offer me a new identity.

So, here is a challenge for you this Lent period. Try and match your time spent on the internet, with time spent in the Word, prayer or in worship. Allow your identity in Jesus to shape your Reputation, instead of trying to win favour with a worldly Rep.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 - "Because of this decision we don’t evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly don’t look at him that way anymore. Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: