Tuesday 14 March 2017

My calling, your calling

We catch ourselves often wanting to be someone else. We even begin to think that what they are doing, is perhaps what we should be doing. However, in the end, we will make ourselves frustrated and dissatisfied. Your calling, is not my calling. If I live my life trying to fulfil what God has given you to do, then I am going to become very grumpy.

Listen to the words of one of Mother Theresa's biographers:

"The call to change political structures or seek justice, though recognised as valid, was not hers. Hers was to deal, one by one, with those whose horizons had shrunk to the bowl of rice they craved. Those seeking to understand were put to work because "love was best proved in deeds"..."

So, if you would like a little advice. Stop trying to be someone else. Be yourself. Use your God-given gifts and stop wishing you were someone else.

Psalm 139:14 -  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: