Tuesday 21 March 2017

Focused with reason


When Paul went out to share the Gospel he was incredibly focused. He knew what he wanted, more than anything, was to tell people about the LOVE of Jesus. This moved him to enter into all kinds of places and to mix with a range of non-religious people - his sole purpose in doing this was to bring Jesus to them. However, he never compromised his commitment to Christ and always remain loyal to the Cross.

"I didn’t take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I’ve become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn’t just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it!" - 1 Corinthians 9 (Message)

God is calling us to enter into the world of "the other", in order that we might bring HOPE to them. It is no longer good enough to sit in church and to invite people into our space, we need to GO into the world and to take Jesus to others.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: