Saturday 4 March 2017

Between the Dust

During our Ash Wednesday service I was struck by some of the words we use. We speak about coming from the 'Dust', which is a reference to the creation account in Genesis 3:19, and then we acknowledge that we will all return to the 'Dust' one day. The words I often recite in a memorial service are, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust", which recognise this reality.

However, what I was arrested by this week, was the question: "What am I doing between the DUST?" In other words, how am I living my life between the two moments of birth and death. 'Between the Dust' is a remarkable gift from our Creator - we need to do all we can to honour that gift and to bring glory to Jesus.

For me, it ultimately means 'LIVING IN GRACE'.
What about you?

D3LM3

No comments: