Monday 20 February 2017

Refine or Define?


"Let your failures refine you, not define you." - Max Lucado

I have learnt so much from my failures and mistakes. They have taught me a lot about life, people and myself. I think this quote from Max Lucado is a wonderful insight into how, with God's help, we can allow our failures to 'refine' us.

Isaiah 48:10 - "Do you see what I’ve done? I’ve refined you, but not without fire. I’ve tested you like silver in the furnace of affliction. Out of myself, simply because of who I am, I do what I do."

God knows that we are not perfect, but as a loving parent, he believes the best of us. God wants us to become more and more like Jesus and so this takes REFINING. Let us not resist the refining of God's Spirit.

What things is God refining in your life at the moment?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: