Monday 13 February 2017

Prayer from New Zeland

I came across this prayer from an anonymous Christian in New Zealand. I wish I could thank them for this lovely prayer, but I share this with you, so that you too may be blessed.

"Loving God, open our hearts
so that we may feel the breath and play of your Spirit.
Unclench our hands
so that we may reach out to one another,
and touch and be healed.
Open our lips
that we may drink in the delight and wonder of life.
Open our eyes
so that we may see Christ in friend and stranger.
Breathe your Spirit into us,
and touch our lives with the life of Christ." - Aotearoa (NZ)

For me the image of "unclenching" my hands makes a lot of sense today. So often we close ourselves off the blessings that God has in store for us.

Which part of the prayer speaks to you today?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: