Saturday 14 January 2017

The Door of January

The name 'January' has some interesting roots. Some of these come from Roman mythology, where the Latin word for door (ianua) remind us that this month is the door to the new year. As you have opened the 'door' to 2017 how is it looking so far? Can I remind us that when we include Christ in our lives, our year can take on a different view completely.

Have a read of these two verses and link the image of a door - new year as you do so:
 
Revelation 3:20 - Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 
 
Luke 11:10 - For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
 
Do you notice how Christ offers to be in our lives and in 2017, if only we choose to invite him in?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: