Friday 4 November 2016

Going through Hell

Winston Churchill is supposed to have once remarked: "If you are going through Hell, keep going."
He was well known as a great motivator and leader, encouraging his people to push through tough times. I guess we could call him an optimist - he believed that even if times were tough, they would get better in the long run.

I like Churchill's sentiments. They encourage me to push through the dark days, because the dawn will come. They also remind me of Jesus and how he went through 'Hell' for my sake. He faced opposition, torture, rejection, loneliness, betrayal, gossip, abuse, mockery - all for my redemption. I am so grateful that Jesus didn't quit halfway through his trials. His Grace freedom me from Hell.

So, if you feel like you are going through hell today, keeping walking. It will get better.

Ephesians 4:9-10 - What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: