Thursday 13 October 2016

Did I?

I really enjoy the writings of Henri Nouwen. In one of his works he speaks about asking 'real Questions.' As I reflect on these thoughts I believe these are great questions to ask ourselves at the end of every day - if you like, they can help us reflect on the success/failures of the day. This is how it goes:

Did I offer peace today? 
Did I bring a smile to someone's face? 
Did I say words of healing? 
Did I let go of my anger and resentment? 
Did I forgive? 
Did I love? 
These are the real questions. 
I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, 
here in this world and the life to come.

May you find these words helpful in your own faith experience.

Luke 1:79 (MSG) Through the heartfelt mercies of our God, God’s Sunrise will break in upon us, Shining on those in the darkness, those sitting in the shadow of death, Then showing us the way, one foot at a time, down the path of peace.

Living in Grace
D3LM3
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henri_nouwen.html

No comments: