Monday 5 September 2016

Before you say 'Adios'

In the sixth chapter of "Half Time" Bob Burford shares the heart-wrenching story of the death of his son. The circumstances surrounding his death were tragic and it took years for Bob to come to terms with what happened. In reflecting back on that time in his life, Buford quotes from two respected authors - George Bernard Shaw and John Donne. I found these quotes helpful and so I would like to offer them to you.

"Life is no brief candle to me. It's a sort of splendid torch which I've got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to the future generations." - George Bernard Shaw

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main ... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; therefor never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee!" - John Donne

Before we all say our 'Adios' to the world, why don't we embrace all of the LIFE that God has given to us.

Psalm 104:33 - I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: