Wednesday 7 September 2016

Bandages

"God heals the brokenhearted
and bandages their words." - Psalm 147:3

This verse reminds me of a God who is compassionate and kind. I know that there are other scriptures that seem to point out as if God is angry, vindictive and hard, but I still struggle to believe in that part of God's nature. It could have something to do with the way the writers of some books of the Bible recorded their impression of God, but it does lead to a distorted view of God. How can God be loving when he is angry?

I realise I can't tear out the pages of the Bible that portray God as being vengeful, because they remind me of God's ultimate justice. However, I will choose to respond to those portions of the Bible that invite me into a loving relationship with Jesus. I am not sure if this even makes any sense, but I hope you understand what I mean :)

Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
 
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: