Thursday 25 August 2016

Reflection - Soren Kierkegaard

"When you read God's Word, you must constantly be saying to yourself, "It is talking to me and about me." - Soren Kierkegaard

When we spend time digging in God's Word we notice something very profound. All of the events recorded in the Bible took place thousands of years before any of us were born, yet we can still hear the Word speaking to us. Books like the Psalms, Proverbs and even Ecclesiastes will never grow old - their message is timeless and they speak into our lives, even in 2016.

However, there is also something else that is profound - God's Word speaks about me. It reminds me that I am a sinner in need of Grace. It tells me that I am the beloved child of God. It reassures me that God is with me all the time.

Romans 10:11 - "As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.”

So, I completely agree with Kierkegaard - God uses the Bible to speak to me, as well as speak about me.

What do you think?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: