Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Telescope

I am asked a lot of questions about the Bible and how accurate and true it is. One can only try and give satisfactory answers, but in the end, each person needs to decide for themselves how 'True' the bible is. For me, it will remain the Great Account of our (humans) encounter with God and our ongoing relationship with the Messiah. Of course there are some things I don't fully understand in the pages of the Bible, but I keep reading and searching, in order that I may understand.

Perhaps the best description of the Bible I have heard for a while, comes from Phillips Brooks:

"The Bible is like a telescope. If a person looks through his telescope, then he sees worlds beyond - but if he looks at his telescope, then he does not see anything but that. The Bible is a thing to be looked through, to see that which is beyond."

As you spend time reading God's Word may it come alive for you and I pray that we would catch a glimpse of the World to come.

Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: