Friday 20 May 2016

Wake me...



"Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start..." - Avicii (Wake me up)

These words from the band Avicii describe how many of us feel at times. It can seem as though life is like feeling our way down the passage when the lights go out. Our hearts are beating fast, as we hope that the lights come back on again soon. 

In my experience of faith and life (admittedly, this is still limited) I can't tell where the journey will end, but I do know that it all begins with Christ. 

 Romans 6:4 - We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

“The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become - because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. . .It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.” -  C.S. Lewis

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: