Sunday 1 May 2016

A giant has fallen

Two weeks ago I was privileged to pay tribute to one of my greatest teachers, Dr. Neville Richardson, during our Teachers Appreciation service. I was grateful for the opportunity to pass these words onto him directly and to thank him for the influence he has had on my life. I'm glad I didn't miss this chance!

Today, we pause to mourn his passing. After a long battle with Cancer, Neville has now graduated to Heaven. We honour his life and offer our prayers for Carleen and the family.

I remember sitting in class listening to Neville teach me Systematic Theology, as well as asking his counsel on numerous occasions. He instilled in me a love for theology, church history and especially God. He encouraged me greatly in my writing and ministry. I am a better person and minister because of Neville. May you rest in Peace now my friend.



“If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton

"A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning." - Brad Henry

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts."-  C. S. Lewis

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

P.S. The photo in the blog was taken during our Sabbatical many years ago - we spent a wonderful time with Neville and Carleen in Haworth (UK).

No comments: