Friday 29 April 2016

You are on your own!

If you decide to go through with that, then 'You are on your own!'
Have you ever caught yourself saying this to someone else or has anyone ever said that to you?
We get the gist of what is being said, but from a Christian perspective, it is interesting that God promises us something different.

"Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”- Matthew 28:20

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you and will bless you." - Genesis 26:24

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you." - John 14:16

When I make a commitment to follow Christ, these are the promises that I take with me. However, if I choose to walk a different path and to turn my back on God, then I guess I will need to make it on my own. Thankfully, God is just a prayer away - so when I come to the 'end of myself' I can still call out to him.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: