Sunday 24 April 2016

Sometimes we have to go to the Mountain

Sometimes we just have to go to the Mountain!
What am I talking about, you may be asking? I am not speaking about climbing an actual mountain, but rather referring to Mount Moriah. In Genesis 22, Abraham has to climb this mountain on the way to 'sacrifice' Isaac. At the last minute God instructs him to stop and reveals a Ram in a bush nearby.

I often wonder about what Abraham was thinking on that journey to the top. I am sure he wondered when God was going to show up and to deliver him from the action Abraham dreaded following through with. In the end, he needed to make the journey up the mountain in order to prove his faith and to allow God to intervene and to PROVIDE for him. Sure, it seemed like God only showed up a little late, but God did actually show up!


"So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” - Genesis 22:14

Sometimes God only reveals his plans when I have done my part and walked up the mountain. What could that mean for you this day? What mountain do you need to climb?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: