Sunday 20 March 2016

The Ask


 

There will come a time when Jesus makes "an Ask" of us. What I mean is this: God will Ask us to do something for him. It may be something simple or something that moves us out of our comfort zone, but God will ask it of us. The question is: How will we respond?

In the following passage we see Jesus giving his disciples some instructions:


“Go into the village over there,” he said. “As soon as you enter it, you will see a donkey tied there, with its colt beside it. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone asks what you are doing, just say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will immediately let you take them.” - Matthew 21:2-3

This was clearly arranged before the time and the owner of the donkey and the colt was more than likely a Christ-follower. However, he didn't know the exact time of when Jesus was going to ask for the animals, so he had to be prepared for the 'Ask' and then be willing to surrender to Jesus' request.

This challenges me - even though I am a Christ-follower, will I be ready to respond to the "Ask" that Jesus makes of me, or will I fumble around and delay?

May we be ready for when Jesus comes asking!

Living in Grace
D3LM3
 

No comments: