Thursday 10 March 2016

Restored

I have been asked why I am using a lot of readings from Lamentations of late. The answer is simple really - I have been reading and reflecting on these 5 chapters from Jeremiah, as part of my own Lenten experience.

This book is about the cry of God's people, when they realised they had messed up.
It is about being down and out, but realising that God has not given up on us, even if it seems that way at first.
It is about a deep seated hope that we can be RESTORED, no matter our state of heart.

This is the essence of the Gospel, isn't it. Once we were lost, but now we have been found. Once we were blind, but now we see again. Remember along the way that God may seem to have lost interest in us, but this is NOT the case. God is in the business of restoring us.

Psalm 51:12 - "Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you."

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: