Saturday 5 March 2016

Put ourselves to the test.

How do we know if we are improving or if we are ready to take the next step? Well, we need to put ourselves to the test. That is how it works at school, university and even in the work place. We need to be examined and if we 'pass' the test, then we know we have met the standard and then we can move on.

However, I am not entirely comfortable with this analogy in a spiritual sense. Yes, I need to
be examined and I need to be reminded of God's ways, but I am not always sure that I 'move' up a grade in my spiritual life. Sometimes it is as if I keep going back to square one and I realise that some of the lessons I should remember, I have forgotten.

This is why I need God's grace on a daily basis and I believe that I will need to be reminded to keep turning back to God's gift of Life.

"Instead, let us test and examine our ways.
    Let us turn back to the Lord.
41 Let us lift our hearts and hands
    to God in heaven and say,
42 “We have sinned and rebelled,
    and you have not forgiven us." - Lamentations 3:40-42

2 Corinthians 8:2 -  They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity.

Lent is a wonderful opportunity to 'test myself' against the character of Jesus.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: