Friday 5 February 2016

Daleth - living active FAITH

The 4th letter in the Hebrew alphabet is Daleth - it just so happens to begin with a 'D', which is also the fourth letter in the English language (which makes it easier to remember).

In his reflection on his relationship with Yahweh, David writes some interesting thoughts in Psalm 119:25-32. As you read these words, notice the tone of his writi
ng. He uses many words of 'INTENTION' - words that speak of his active faith. He uses words that describe part of his spiritual journey as being something one needs to act out. Faith is not something that we are bystanders in, but rather God invites us to be active participants in this relationship.

 I have underlined just a few on them in the passage.

26 I told you my plans, and you answered.
    Now teach me your decrees.
27 Help me understand the meaning of your commandments,
    and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.
28 I weep with sorrow;
    encourage me by your word.
29 Keep me from lying to myself;
    give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
30 I have chosen to be faithful;
    I have determined to live by your regulations.
31 I cling to your laws.
    Lord, don’t let me be put to shame!
32 I will pursue your commands,
    for you expand my understanding.


  •  Terry Williams - "This is my living faith, an active faith, a faith of verbs..."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: