Wednesday 24 February 2016

Crying all your tears out

"I have cried until the tears no longer come. My heart is broken, my spirit poured out..." - Lamentations 2:11

Perhaps this is where we get the saying, "I cried my eyes out!"
There have been times in all of our lives where the pain has made us weep and weep, until we have no more tears. This is Jeremiah's story too. He cries over the brokenness of his people and for the loss of a relationship with God. He can't do anything to change the situation, but his tears help him to grieve for the loss he experiences.

As you reflect on this sentiment remember that Jesus offers us compassion for our tears and brokenness. Jesus is the one who also weeps and we can turn to him in the midst of our distress and fear.

John 11:35 - "Then Jesus wept."

May you find solace in the arms of Jesus - the one who weeps with you and who is strong enough to carry you through your trials.

Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: