Monday 25 January 2016

Treasure it

The old saying goes something like this: "You never realise the value of something until it is gone!"

And this is indeed true. We often take things/people for granted until that day when they are no longer part of our lives - that is when we realise the defining value they had in our lives. We need to TREASURE these valuable people/things in our lives.

This is exactly what David was getting at when he wrote these words in Psalm 119:

11 I treasure your word in my heart,
    so that I may not sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, O Lord;
    teach me your statutes.
13 With my lips I declare
    all the ordinances of your mouth.
14 I delight in the way of your decrees
    as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on your precepts,
    and fix my eyes on your ways.
16 I will delight in your statutes;
    I will not forget your word.


There had been a time when he had forgotten God's word and his commands, so now that he had come back to the Father, he wanted to TREASURE all the things of God. David models something powerful for us. He teaches us to place these 'treasures' in our hearts so that we won't fill our lives with other things. God's word is a gift that gives us life.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: