Tuesday 22 December 2015

Advent word - PEACE

I have been holding out on sharing this word for Advent - PEACE - because it is such a hard word to describe. In a lot of ways it is equally a hard emotion to put into words.

Is Peace the absence of trials and stress? Probably not.
Is Peace the feeling you get when things go your way? I don't think so.
Is it how we feel when everyone else is in bed and everything is quiet in the house? Maybe!
Is Peace the term we use when people are no longer fighting with each other? In part, I guess.

So what is it then?
Well, I believe it had a lot to do with the Spirit of Christ dwelling inside our hearts. It is the move of God to take up "residence" in our minds, souls and lives. Peace becomes the state of knowing that despite all exterior things, God is in control and God will make a way!

Well, that's what I think anyways....
....what helps you understand PEACE?


“I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants— but let them not turn to folly.” - Psalm‬ ‭85:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: