Sunday 11 October 2015

I'll get you for that!

We have all heard kids talk on the playground before - one child does something mean to another playmate and the response is, "I'll get you for that!" Revenge is the first thing on their minds and they seek to dish it out as fast as they can.

As we become adults, nothing really changes. People hurt us and our gut response is, "I'll get you for that!" We conjure up schemes as to how we can get some revenge and nothing can get in our way.
However, the Scriptures remind us of another way to respond - it requires patience and a firm belief in God's sense of justice.

Solomon wrote these words in Proverbs.

"Don’t ever say, “I’ll get you for that!”    Wait for God; he’ll settle the score." - Proverbs 20:22

I am not sure how you feel about this? It is a hard thing to practise, but worth contemplating.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: