Sunday 4 October 2015

Conspiracy against the brave

After I have preached on a Sunday there are usually a few thoughts that linger with me into the week. I am not always sure why the Spirit highlights certain of these ideas, but one has to learn to trust where they come from. So, from todays message, this is the quote that I take into the start of this week. I offer it to you, with my 5 cents worth.


The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle: the roar of the crowd on the one side, and the voice of your conscience on the other.- Douglas MacArthur

  • In this quote, I substitute the words 'your conscience' with 'God'. God desires to speak to us, but often the voice of the crowds drowns out his voice. 
  •  It takes guts to go against the voice of the majority, especially when they are wrong.
  • God gives us the strength to go against the flow, but we must remember to give Him the glory for getting us through these tough times.

  •  If Christ had listened to the demands of the crowds, He may have been taken off the path of the Cross.

What is God saying to you today?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: