Monday 7 September 2015

Who is counting?

Some people just love to count the score, don't they? If they feel that you owe them something, then they will drag up old memories and remind you that you are indebted to them. It is easy to do this, when you feel that others owe you, but when we are the people who are on the back foot, then it is a lot harder.

I am most grateful that God doesn't count my sins against me anymore. I am hugely thankful for the grace offered to me in Jesus Christ, because if I were still trying to pay God back, then I would be never be rid of the debt I owe.

  • 2 Corinthians 5:19 - "For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation."
 It is when I fully comprehend that God has forgiven my sins, that I am released to serve him with gladness and freedom. I discover that I now want to serve God, out of a place of joy, not out of a sense of duty.

Prayer: Thank you Lord that you don't keep a record of my sins, but that you have forgiven me in Christ Jesus.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." -Willie Nelson

No comments: