Tuesday 15 September 2015

Make it come alive

Sometimes reading the Bible becomes a little dry. We may get into a place of feeling that there is no life in the pages anymore. If this is the case, then I urge you to try a different version of the Scriptures. What you will find is that some of the familiar passages will come alive again. I know that I have done this a few times in my life - just a simple decision to read the New Living Translation, instead of the New International Version, or to read the Living Bible instead of the King James, may make all the difference.

Take the following verse as an example (John 10:10). It says the same thing, but each version sheds some new insight into the Truth of the verse.


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (NIV)

A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. (MSG)

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (KJV)

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (NLT)

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: