Friday 24 July 2015

Let nothing move you



"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm.
Let nothing move you.  
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, 
because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain." -
1 Corinthians 15:58 

Standing in the ocean is a therapeutic experience for me. I love it! I love the sight of the waves rising before me and then bracing myself for the imminent crash over my body. Sometimes I even move my feet deeper into the sand, giving myself a greater chance of standing firm. I find that I can withstand the waves up to a certain point, but soon a bigger wave arrives that knocks me off my feet. Quickly I need to get back onto my feet and face the next set of waves. 

This analogy can be helpful in your own spiritual walk. We are encouraged by St. Paul to 'stand firm' and to 'Let nothing move you', but what happens when we are knocked over? 
Well, I feel that we then need to rise again and bury our feet in the 'sand' of God's love and grace - in that way, we are not letting things move us or defeat us. What do you feel?

May God continue to bless you and hold you in the palm of his hand.

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

No comments: