Monday 25 May 2015

Where are you?

I was downstairs in the garage this morning when I heard our son, Josh (7), calling me from upstairs.
"Dad, where are you? Daaaaad! Where are you?"

I had actually heard him and had said, "I am here Josh!"

However, he hadn't heard me. No matter how much I replied to his calling, he couldn't hear me at all. Eventually I had to walk up the stairs and find him, because he was looking for me in the wrong places. He was quite relieved when I caught up with him and said, "Here I am Josh!"

How often do we call out to our heavenly Father and the only response we get seems to be SILENCE? We call out louder and louder and God still seems silent. I have experienced this in prayers on a number of times.

However, God is not silent - he has heard our cries and he has already answered us, in the person of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. God is with us.

1 John 5:14 - "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."

John 9:31 - "He listens to the godly person who does his will."

So, the next time you call out to God remember that He does hear us and He is willing to reply.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: