Sunday 15 March 2015

All at Sea - Lent #17

Job was all at sea! He didn't know whether he was coming or going. He couldn't take the situation anymore and his friends advice wasn't really helping. Sometimes we also feel "all at sea." We don't know whether we are coming or going and nothing seems to help. Job expresses his anguish in the following way...

Job 19:21-22
“Have pity on me, my friends, have pity,
    for the hand of God has struck me.
Why do you pursue me as God does?
    Will you never get enough of my flesh?

If you are feeling all at sea at the moment (or if you know someone who is battling) then the following words from Solomon will offer us some hope.


Proverbs 18:10 - The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

In the midst of the storms of life run to the safety of the Lord.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: