Monday 5 January 2015

Better or worse?



A pastor once spoke of how people would come up to him at the beginning of the New Year and ask him if he thought that the world would get better OR worse (in the year ahead). His response was always the same:

“Yes, to both! It will definitely get worse, but it will also get better!”

It seems like a strange thing to say, but it makes a lot of sense to me . People have been arguing that the world is getting worse every year and 'Yes' there is strong evidence to support this. However, this same sentiment has been spoken of for thousands of years and despite this, there are still many fantastic moments to celebrate. 

As we enter into another new year may we acknowledge that there will be some trying times ahead, but there will also be times of joy. No year can be filled with only pain or only comfort - there will always be a portion of both.

Despite what the year holds for us, I invite you to hold onto these words from the apostle Paul.

 2 Timothy 3:10-11

You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings – what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them

Go with God.
Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: