Monday 17 November 2014

Come closer

So my sore throat has finally become Laryngitis. My family are loving the peace and quiet at the moment, as I grow increasingly frustrated at not being able to speak. I have noticed two interesting things while I have had voice:

1. When people hear you whispering, they also start to speak a little quieter - in fact, some of them even whisper back to me :)

2. It seems awkward at first, but people actually come closer to you, when they realise that you can't speak at all. They move in to hear your whispers.

I know I have said it before, but it has struck me again today - God could easily raise his voice to us and speak in big booming tones, but this could keep him at a distance from us. The quieter he whispers, the more we need to move closer to him. The closer we get, the easier it is to hear his voice. Simple, but true!

So, here is a thought for you today. If you think that God has stopped speaking to you, then perhaps he has got "Laryngitis" or at the very least, he is speaking in a whisper. His greatest desire is for us to move closer to his presence, so that he can share his heart with us.

Helen Keller - "Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content."

Revelation 8:1 - When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: